Monday, March 10, 2014

Went Spanish for a Day



Me
 
 
Sounds like another busy week, but what else is new?!  That missionary night sounds fun.  I am glad that Heidi participated.  She made me proud!  I also loved all the pictures I got of her.   The water polo suits look cool and I liked the Tangled meme.  This felt like a super long week, but I cant believe that it is Monday again already!  
 
We come to the family history center at the stake center to email, so I have access to a computer a lot more than I did before.  I can check the emails throughout the day a bit, which is kind of nice.  We visit members a lot here and hold free lemonade/family history stands as a way to find people.  We also walk a lot to try and be seen.  We are really trying to encourage the members to do member missionary work and find someone for us to teach.  We have some promise though.  One of our youth has been bringing a friend to seminary and he loves it!  Already tells people he is Mormon.  We hope to be able to meet with after Spring Break.  


Ice
We had crazy weather again this week, but that is Texas.  If you don't like the weather, wait ten minutes.  Sister Wahlen always called it bi-polar, and it is true.  We were out walking around and sweating and 4 days later we had ice so bad it broke off the branches of all the trees!  That was pretty crazy.  
 
 
Downed branches
 
We had a Relief Society activity this week.  It was a "fast friends" thing, like speed dating, but for friends.  It was pretty fun and it was nice to meet more sisters in the ward since I am still pretty new. I went to my first ward council in this ward this week, so that is pretty crazy!

We did a lot of family history this week since the weather was poor.  I was able to find a few names and plug them into our family tree, so that was a really neat experience.  It felt pretty good to fill in some of our tree.  I encourage you and everyone else to get a little more involved.  It is amazing the little rush you feel from finding someone to put on the tree.  I didn't even like family history before!
 

Me with Hermana Glauser
I went on exchanges this week with the Sister Training Leader Hermana Glauser this week. Her area is down in Sealy and she covers an English and a Spanish branch, so it was very interesting.  We went tracting (which I kind of missed) and we met a guy who only spoke Spanish. She proceeded to talk to him in Spanish and I was surprised how much I was able to understand.  I was able to follow the conversation really well, just not able to contribute.  All I would have been able to say is "Yo se el Libro de Mormon es verdad", "I know the Book of Mormon is true".  So I just let her go with that one.  
 
 
Sealy is out in the country, very widespread with little houses.  As a result I saw lots of animals!  Four cats at one house, lots of dogs and chickens, and even a dear just chillin' with the chickens.  We then played volleyball with the Spanish branch.  Before they played, they had a little English class.  It was weird to be on the other side of that class.  I am used to being taught Spanish in English, not English in Spanish. It was kind of fun.  I really enjoyed the exchange.

I am sending a package home today so look out for it in the coming days!

Love,

Sister Hudgens

 

So this is what I do all day, sip on juice boxes and kick pine cones-- Just kidding!