Friday, August 16, 2013

The MTC!

Oh my word!  This first few days have been exhausting!!!!! I cant believe how much stuff we have done in just the first few days.  We have gone to tons of presentations and studied so much.  I don't think I have ever studied the scriptures so much in my life.

My companion's name is Sister McLean, she's great.  She missed her flight on the first day though so she arrived at like 8 the first night.  I was kind of scared at first that my companion wasn't there just because everyone else had theirs, but she finally arrived.  She is from Gilbert Arizona and we get along really well.  The other Sisters in my room are Brown, Tofa, Nisse, and Williams and they are all in my district and really great.  The elders in my district are pretty great too.  I think at least half of my district is from Utah, but what did I expect right?  I still think that they are nice people and fun to be around.


Sister McLean and I have an "investigator" we are teaching for our MTC stay named Kitija. She seems kind of shy but this is good practice for us.  We taught her once and I think it went ok.  We both kind of had that deer in the headlights kind of feeling though. 


We met with our branch president last night along with the other group in our branch.  He and his counselors and their wives all seem pretty nice.


I'm so excited to be here and I hope everyone is doing great!  I cant believe Grace is in 5th grade!  I hope Heidi isn't too tired or swamped from school and swim.  I love you all!



Sister Holly Hudgens