Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Check out the Countryside!



Walking around in the middle of nowhere!!  Just kidding.  
Just taking a shortcut between neighborhoods

A lot happened this week I guess-  All the birthdays, illnesses and surgeries.  Jamie really does look like her brothers with all her hair in a cap.  I had to do a double take.  I can't believe Grandma got an iPhone too, and the picture with her shirt wouldn't load!!  I bet she loves it though.  It was nice to see the picture of my friends.  I miss them and all of you guys when I actually have time to think about something other than missionary work, usually at night.  But I will just pull out our family picture and it will cheer me right up!!  



Tell Grace I really liked her card and the picture she drew in it.  It was my first letter I received while I have been in Texas and it felt really good.  I love the emails, but it feels nice to get that surprise in the mail.  I got a letter from Phil this week too and that was a great surprise too!

This is right around the corner from where I live.  
I guess when it rains a lot it fills with water.  
But this is what my area looks like.  Houses and drainage bogs


This week has been a little slow.  One of our investigators seemed to disappear.  She didn't show up to the baptism we were going to take her to so she could see one before her baptism, her phone would go straight to voicemail, and she wouldn't answer her door.  We visited her house and called her every day for a week and still nothing.  We finally got to see her on Friday and it turns out she had been so sick that it was the first time she had gotten out of bed all week.  She didn't even go to see her son at college so we know that she wasn't blowing us off.  We hope she will get better this week so we can go and visit her, teach her all the lessons, and she can get baptized in October!



I read a really great article in this month’s Ensign that I think everyone should read.  It is called "Rescued by the Gospel".  It uses the poem about the old violin and it was just so amazing.  You got to check it out.



This cat followed us around a whole block that we tracted.  
We named her Pumpkin.  I miss her
One of the sisters in our ward rode up to a RS board meeting in this sweet bike. 
 Sister Seymour and I are jealous.  We need to got us a bike like this







Last week at P-Day we had a Nerf war/capture the flag game and it was awesome.  They had got PVC pipes that were just big enough to fit a nerf dart in them and then we used them like blow guns.  It was super fun!  It was funny because at first all the elders wouldn't shoot me because I'm a sister.  After I repeatedly shot them (one elder in the part of his head sticking out from the barricade/table) they got over that.  It was fun though and I highly recommend it for any activity. 



I love you all and hope you are having missionary experiences each day.  It doesn't have to be big.  Just exposing someone to the gospel helps out a lot.  By small and simple things are great things come to pass!!



Sister Hudgens














P.S If you are going to send me anything I love M&M