Monday, September 30, 2013

Went to the Houston Temple- Beautiful like a castle



I thought I might tell you a little bit about how every week seems to go.  Every morning I have toast with peanut butter and either a banana or yogurt.  Not the most exciting, but then again I usually have a snack during studies anyway.  

For exercise, we do a couple of different things.  My companion will run around the retention pond while I walk, we will ride our bikes, or just do some exercises indoors.  It is usually not too bad outside, just a little humid.  Though one time it was raining a bit and we came home dripping wet.  It is all good though!  We love biking in the rain! (Only half joking)  We study, eat lunch, and usually leave the house around one.  If it is raining a lot, or threatens to rain, we try to visit people. We have to plan very carefully.  Rain can come suddenly and hard!  

We have dinner at five usually and we always have a dinner appointment.  We get some pretty great food!  Afterwards we usually street contact until dark and then visit people if we don't have an appointment.  And that is how my day usually goes!  It sometimes varies if we decide to go contacting or tracting, but there aren't many places to go! Our area is pretty small.

Houston Temple
I went on exchanges this week.  So I traded places with another sister and went to the Magnolia area.   My temporary companion was Sis. Folsum and it was quite a different experience!  Magnolia is a lot more country and they have a car.  They live with a member and one of the girls that lives there leaves on a mission in December so she goes out with them all the time.  It was very different, being in a car and with a different companion.  I discovered that I don't like the car because I feel like a lazy bum because all I do is snack and sit there.  Though I did enjoy the music.  Can’t really get that on a bike.  Sis. Seymour got the iPod her mom sent her this week, so we have had music in our room, and it is crazy the difference it makes.  It just makes me happy and excited listening to the Disney, musicals, soundtracks, and hymns she has on there.



We took a less active family to the temple this week and had a lesson with them.  It was such a great experience to be there on temple grounds and to be able to feel the spirit.  It was their first time there and mine too! The Houston temple is beautiful.  It looks like a castle.  The family really felt the spirit and wanted to come back. It was a great night.


We had a lesson at the Houston Temple Grounds


Holly at Houston Temple

Afterwards they took us to get some McDonalds Ice cream and it made me think of dad and his u-turns.


I have been in Texas a whole month now and it is super exciting!!! And to make that day extra special we were able to contact a referral and he decided to come to church.  He loved it, even though it was a really weird Sunday since it was fast and testimony meeting and a 5th Sunday.  He loved the music though and even wanted to go bear his testimony, but thought he had better wait a few months so he would sound more educated and less like a black man.  He was hilarious!  I was just glad he didn't hear anything weird during testimony meeting.  Did you know that fast Sunday is a missionary’s worst fear for a new investigator?  It is, it is very nerve racking because you don’t know if someone is going to get up and say something crazy or bring something that sounds really weird.  So be nice to the missionaries and give a really nice testimony on fast Sunday.

The Relief Society broadcast was amazing and I hope that you were able to see it.  I loved learning more about how to keep our covenants and what they are more exactly.  It will really help me teach others how to do so.  I especially like President Monson's talk, it was amazing.  I can’t wait for General Conference and we already have people set up to watch conference with and then have dinner afterwards.  I can't wait for General Conference and I hope you all are looking forward to it too!

Love Sister Hudgens