Monday, October 7, 2013

Sister Seymour is Transferring!

I bet that the Elders are working hard to get you to feed them because all the single sisters are going to feed the sister missionaries because they don't have to worry about having another guy for the elders.

1pm really isn't that late to leave our home because most people aren't home for us to contact or tract into until about 5pm or 6pm.  So we just visit members and try to uplift and inspire them to do missionary work.  Plus it is usually hot out and we don't want to drown in our own sweat outside.  But a cold front came in this week and so sometimes we actually have to wear a sweater.  Sometimes.
We met a lot of promising people this week that we hope will turn into investigators.  They seem really prepared to hear the gospel.
Sister McQuay
I have never been so excited for conference in my entire life.  Maybe it is because I am a missionary now and I hunger for that spiritual upliftment.  Or maybe I just want a mix up in my days.  Either way it was really good and I very much enjoyed it.  We watched the morning (well it was at 11am here) sessions at the stake center with all the other missionaries and the afternoon with the people we were to have dinner with.  We ate with the bishop's family and the McQuay's and they are all great.  The bishop reminds me a lot of dad and calls my "Hudgy" instead of Sister Hudgens.  I know there is no point in fighting it so I just let it happen, smiling the whole time.





Sister Seymour is transferring!
Transfers are this week and Sister Seymour is leaving!!  I am going to miss her so much and it is going to be quite the adjustment to be without her.  She is going to a half Spanish, half English ward and is going to be transitioning into Spanish.  We aren't sure if it is permanent or temporary, but she is going to be out of the zone so I am really going to miss her.  I know I am not gong to be training, but I am still kind of nervous for a new companion, I hope I get along with her as well as Sister Seymour!  At least I am staying in my ward so I still have them.  I can't wait to see what is going to happen in the next week!!
Love Sister Hudgens