Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pinata & The Temple

I am glad that it seems like everyone is having fun. That Wizard of Oz play sounds hilarious.  You are all going to be very cultured people soon with all of the plays you are going to!  
 
It seems like you have adopted Phil.  People are going to start thinking he is a member of the family.  Of course I did introduce him as my brother once.  For some reason people didn't seem to believe me. Grandma's health worries me.  Make sure she is taking care of herself and doesn't over do it like she is prone to do.

Before I left on my mission I also realized that I wasn't praying as often as I should, so I made that
Me and Sis Schellhous went on exchanges.  
It was great! We found a new investigator too!
effort to pray more often and with more sincerity. Praying to become more Christlike is a great desire, and with scripture study it is accomplished. I have had to really try to develop His attributes so that I can serve my fellow men here in Houston.  It isn't easier here, but I am coming closer to Christ every day.

This was a rough week.  During our weekly planning sessions on Thursdays, I usually text all of our investigators or potentials and try to get appointments with them.  A couple that we had been meeting with
And these are my district and my zone leader....they are great
regularly texted back that they didn't want to meet with us anymore.  Then the next day we had an appointment with a man, and after the temple we texted to confirm and he said he didn't want to meet with us anymore either!  We had an appointment for the next day and I was terrified that he was going to drop us too.  If I got one more message like that I was going to throw the phone across the room!  Luckily he didn't cancel on us, and we were able to
Elder Bladh (sounds like blade) 
my zone leader and former district leader
meet with him Saturday night at the church building.  We taught him the Plan of Salvation and showed him the chapel.  He even came to church yesterday!!!  It was an answer to my prayers and a mighty miracle to me.  He even said he could come back again.  Yay!!!!!!  

Like I mentioned, we went to the temple this week.  I was super excited because normally we go every
My district.  Elder Thomas, Sis. Schellhous, Sis Flannery,
 Me, Sis Wahlen, Sis. Goodrich, and Elder Bladh
transfer, but last transfer it was closed for cleaning. So this was my first time inside.  It is beautiful.  It was great to go with the other missionaries as well, and to see everyone.  With this last transfer, our zone split and we weren't able to take any pictures together, so we took lots at the temple! I have a new goal recently, and that is to take at least one picture everyday.  I feel like I don't take enough because I don't think that my daily life is interesting, guess I will just have to make it so!!!

It's my old, complete zone!



Sis. Flannery, me, Elder Itow, Sis Schellhous, and 
Sis Wahlen at Houston Temple
Elder Nyenmeyer, Sister Wahlen and me at the temple
 
Last P-day was boring.  With the recent zone split no one had really planned anything, so I took it into my own hands this week.  On Saturday there was a community garage sale so Sis. Wahlen and I hit all the
Sis. Wahlen carried our pinata home 
on her bike
garage sales to find some new skirts and new investigators at the same time.  We didn't find either but we did buy a pinata.  That's right, a pinata.  So we are having a pinata and white elephant exchange today.  I bet it will be fun.  I am determined to make it fun!!

Love Sister Hudgens

ps I loved the pictures Grace sent
Picture Grace sent me!  Love it.
 
 
I hung them up Grace's pictures in my room 
and on the bed above me (I have a bunk bed)