Monday, October 14, 2013

New Companion and Lemon Thieves

Mom it does sounds like it was an eventful week after all for you guys!  We don't give home blessings in this mission, but it might make an interesting suggestion to President.  
Holly with new companion Sis Wahlen
This week was really slow, but I got an new companion!  Her name is Sister Wahlen and she is from North Ogden Utah.  She is a little bit older than me and has been out for 7 months to my 7 weeks. She doesn't seem to have any crazy secrets like she played for the BYU boys hockey team (Sis. Seymour) or collects medieval weaponry (Sis. Schellhous).  The bishop is imploring me to try to find something though. 

I think we may have visited every member of the ward
Ignore my fingers, but read the sign, it is hilarious.  
We see it during our morning walks
this week, introducing the new companion.  We try to get appointments but no one answers our phone calls, returns our texts, or answers the door when we try stopping by.  We did meet a miracle man though this week while we were out tracting.  Talked to us for forty minutes on his porch and made us half an hour late for dinner.  I really hope the Roger's didn't mind, we did tell them it was for a miracle!  It was sad to find out that he lives in a different ward though.  I just hope he will be able to meet with the elders there.

I am really glad that the sisters are able to visit you and share a little bit about what they do with you.  We visit members a lot since no one else is home during the day.  I did hear you guys sent me a package, but I didn't get any mail this week, so I am not ignoring any of you!! 

I sent a couple of letters out a few weeks ago to some of the YW.  I will try to send one to them in general.  I got an email from Sam Norman recently and it was all in Spanish and I had to use the Google translate in order to read it.  He sent it to both Cash and I, so maybe he understood it.  I hope he will be able to understand my reply since it was sent in English.

I love you all and I want to share my testimony with you.  I know God lives and that He loves us so much. All He wants is for us to be happy and he has given us the gospel to help us with that.  Christ suffered for our sorrows, pains, sadness, and griefs, and because he did that he can truly help us overcome them.  I can feel the love that our Heavenly Father has for us and the people here in Texas.  That love makes me feel like the sons of Mosiah when they wept at the very thought that anyone might not know of the goodness of God.  When people reject this glad and happy message we bring them about the restored gospel, I am sad not because I was rejected, but because they have rejected the opportunity to hear the only plan that can lead them to true and everlasting happiness. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the only true church here on the earth because it has the fullness of the gospel of Jesus Christ as restored by a living prophet, Joseph Smith.  I leave this with all who may read it in the name of our Redeemer and Savior Jesus Christ.

Sister Holly Hudgens