Monday, January 13, 2014

Missing my little Grace!

Sisters Wahlen, Seymour & Hudgens

Sounds like you had a busy week!  Is it scary that Heidi can drive now?  I can only imagine because y'all were scared when I did.  But who knows, maybe Heidi learned from my mistakes and is a better driver than me.  I haven't driven in 5 months, so who knows what kind of shape I will be in in 13 more months!  I really like what you did for the New Beginnings video, I think you should definitely work on getting it on the church website.  Then I can show all of my investigators and members how cool my mom is!

I had a super busy awesome week as well.  We had a mission wide fast for new investigators and I can tell the effects.  This was a week of miracles!  Wednesday I went on exchanges with the Sister Training Leader Sister King. That was a crazy day.  The night before we got 3 referrals which was crazy.  We haven't gotten a referral in like two months!  They all happened to be in the same place as well so we made plans to go and contact them.  We went to an appointment with an investigator at 11 and while we were reading 3 Nephi 11 the Spirit was incredibly strong.  Sister King and I were almost crying and our investigator was balling. It was great!  

We then went to contact our referrals.  Two of them weren't home so we went to contact the 3rd, a Vietnamese guy named Bihn Nguyen (pronounced Ben Winn).  We knock on the door and we ask them for Bihn.  He says that 3 Bens living there.  We ask for Bihn Nguyen and he says that they are all named Bihn Nguyen. Sister King and I are at this point very confused because the guy at the door does not look Vietnamese at all.  So we ask for the Vietnamese one and he says that he isn't home. We then walk away and knock on a few doors before we turn around and see an Asain looking guy and think, oh, maybe this is the one we are looking for.  We start talking to him and realize that he is deaf.  I happened to have the paper for communicating with the deaf the ASL elders had given to us and a notepad so we are writing messages back and forth and he agrees to let us send the ASL missionaries to him.  And this is the great part, his name is also Bihn Nguyen. We left that whole incident laughing to ourselves because what are the odds of us finding two guys with that name and none of them being our referral?  

We then walk to contact a former investigator and Sister King finds a dollar, that was pretty cool.  We talk to our former investigator and she says she isn't interested but to talk to her secretary and we had a good conversation with her. I also fell down when I went to put on my boots and got a huge bruise on my arm.  But Sister King and I both just had to laugh at the sight of me just tipping over. That was a really crazy day.

We had dinner with this family this week that has a little girl that reminds me so much of Grace.  Same age, height, build, and cute little smile.  Made me miss her and just want to run up and hug and squeeze this little girl.  I actually do miss my little Gracie!

Another miracle, we had the best Sunday ever! Two of our investigators came to church.  Their daughter was totally in love with nursery so they were able to stay for all three hours. Gospel Principles was amazing, the Spirit filled the whole room. We were talking about Spiritual gifts and everyone picked two and we shared. Mark and Regina (our investigators) participated and at the end right before we were going to have the prayer, Mark asked if anyone felt they had these gifts. Four or five people shared experiences where they felt they had these gifts and by the end half the people in the room were crying including Mark and Regina.  It was amazingly great.
 
So that has been my week, it was great.  Even better the sun came out this week so we weren't freezing like we were last week.  I didn't even have to wear tights and a sweater for like the past three days!


Love your favorite sister missionary,
 

 
Sister Hudgens

P.S. no new pictures because I had some problem with the computer we used this week.