Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hobo Shelter and Fireworks!


Grandma told me all about her New Year's party. I have always known that Grandma's house is the party house.

This week was kind of different.  We found out that the Klein 1 and 2 zones are being put back
Sis Wahlen and Ririe with
me photobombing!

together to be the Klein zone again.  This is not a restoration of the fun times however.  We have been told that we are to go to the building closest to us on P-days.  Unfortunately, we are pretty isolated from the rest of the zone, so it will  be interesting to see how it all  plays out.  Sister Wahlen and I may be playing lots of games together!  Sister Flannery left Memorial Springs, on of the areas in our district.  Sister Goodrich's new companion is now Sister Wahlen's old companion, Sister Ririe.  It was a great surprise for Sister Wahlen to walk into district meeting and see her old companion.  

I have never heard/seen so many fireworks in my whole life.  People go crazy here in Texas!  Never even occurred to me that people set off fireworks during New Years.  Well people here don't only set them off on New Year's Eve, they do it for the next 3 days as well!!  So it was a little loud for the next few days.  Not to mention a cold front came in yesterday so the wind has been howling for a few nights.  It is all good though, I can sleep through fireworks, wind, and even Sister Wahlen's sleep talking most of the time!

On Thursday it was really weird.  Before dinner my stomach started to hurt and I brushed it off thinking I was simply hungry.  After dinner though it wasn't feeling any better so we started to bike home.  The half hour ride home took an hour because I was biking slowly through the pain.  By the time we got home I could hardly move.  Two hours later though I was fine!  Never threw up or anything.  It was the strangest thing.  I am thinking that there must have been some reason why we weren't supposed to be out that night and that is why I felt so sick.  I will probably never know why, but that's fine.

It was pretty cold last night.  I am guessing about 40 give or take plus wind chill.  I must be getting used to the cold or have finally learned to layer correctly because for the first time ever I wasn't cold and Sister Wahlen was.  We had to wait outside for like 5-7 minutes for our ride and she made herself a little hobo shelter out of some building materials from an unfinished house.  It was pretty funny and I just had to laugh.  

Sis Wahlen in her hobo shelter
We met some really promising people this week.  We met Mark and Regina on our way home from district meeting on Friday through the secret path (as I like to call it).  They are super awesome and when Sister Wahlen boldly asked them to come to church after knowing them for all of  a minute, they said that they were looking into other churches.  We got an email address and they said that they were going to come to church next week!  So we are really excited about that.  Susan is also back from Louisiana until the middle of January and we were able to teach her a little bit.  So this was a good week.  We had 6 appointments and only half of them fell through!

I love being in Texas even though it is not what I expected.  I love being a missionary even though it is hard.  I just keep going, keep working hard and trust the Lord to put people and put me where we need to be.

 

Sister Hudgens