Monday, December 30, 2013

MERRY CHRISTMAS!





Merry Christmas!
Thanks for the presents!


                                           


I understand life is busy.  I haven't been able to respond to any of the letters I got for like a week and a half.  Life is busy sometimes!!  I have exciting news, I am not being transferred this week and neither is Sister Wahlen!  So that means I will be here in Parkway for another 6 weeks.  Crazy to think that at the end of this transfer I will have been out almost 6 months!  That's is one third of my mission!  Crazy!!!!  
Cool pic!



There wasn't too many crazy adventures this week. Christmas was great, we had dinner with Sister Canfield and it was really nice.  We also went over to an older couple in the ward to play a game. They have all adult children and none of them could come home
Rogers Family on Christmas Eve (note: Bro Rogers' father was our family's bishop in the La Sierra area of Riverside 20 some odd years ago)
for Christmas and I think they are pretty lonely sometimes and since our purpose as missionaries is to uplift, inspire, encourage, and bless, I thought it would be uplifting to go play a game with them for an hour or so.  And they loved it so I am glad we did.  

Someone gave us these sweet bike lights
We were going to district meeting at our church building on Friday and as we crossed the tracks the gate to the neighborhood was closed.  After a moment of evaluation I determined that the only thing to do was to climb the fence  and open it from the other side.  I tried at first, but my skirt was not maneuverable enough, so Sister Wahlen hopped over the fence and opened it up for us.  A few days later we were coming home from that same neighbourhood and a train was sitting on the tracks, not covering the path, but sitting there. We decided to just wait it out, but then the conductor came out and told us we could pass.  When we had made it to the other side he asked if there was just two of us.   I told him yes and asked if he wanted a bag of brownies.  One of our investigators had given us a bag of them and I knew I would eat them if we took them home so I offered them to him.  He thought a moment and said yes so I gave them to him!  So next time you have leftover goodies, give them to the train conductor.

On Sunday we taught the youth so their leaders could go to the 5th Sunday lesson the Bishop was giving. We played Preach My Gospel jeopardy with questions from each of the missionary lessons.  They seemed to enjoy it and we gave them a lot of the candy that members seemed to think we needed!  I had fun too so that is a bonus.

A member knitted us these cool head bands

Hope y'all have a blessed week as they say in Texas!

Sister Hudgens