Tuesday, December 17, 2013

PRELUDE TO CHRISTMAS

Sounds like you had a good, busy week and that you are doing very well as the new YW president!  I knew you would be great!  Bet you aren't even nervous now ;)  

The world is small!  It is even smaller when you are a Mormon.  I am excited to tell the Rogers about our little connection, we are having dinner with them on Christmas Eve.  It will be sad to not gather at Kari's, but I am sure I will have enough fun and busyness not to notice.  I will have to let you know next week exactly what time I will be Skyping (if we can get the Skype to work).  A member has agreed to let us go to their house to do it.  I think we are two hours ahead, so I will try to take that into consideration.

This week was busy, but it is hard to remember all I have done!  On P-day Monday we used the blowguns a little bit and one of the elders thought it would be fun to try to get them caught in my hair.  Fun for him, but when he missed he would hit me in the head, so I didn't think it was very entertaining.  I did get to pull out my evil glare, something I haven't used in a while though.  It was one of the sister's birthdays, so we had (frozen) coconut cream pie and played some volleyball, her sport of choice.

On Tuesday we flew from house to house on our bikes visiting potential investigators, members and less actives, inviting them to the Relief Society activity. On our way to said activity, we stopped at this house Sister Wahlen and I had rode past that looked like it would be really awesome in the dark.  Huge amount of lights that are put to music from this radio station.  It was amazing and we sat there for like ten minutes just watching.  I took pictures, but they do not do it justice.  The activity was great and one of our sort of investigators came and had a great time.

Me with Sis Lockhart on exchanges
On Thursday we had another round of specialized training on goals and our purpose.  It was great to meet with the other missionaries and President Pingree to learn from them and to grow in the Spirit.  After the meeting we had exchanges.  So I got to have fun with Sister Lockhart while Sister Wahlen went up to Magnolia.  Exchanges are always fun and I always learn a lot.  With Sister Lockhart I got to actually get into the house of a referral we got a few months ago.  The lady was at her limit and answered the door crying.  We were able to get there at the right time to offer a listening ear and a few words of comfort from the scriptures.  We were also able to meet a less active, invite her to church, and she actually came!  It is always exciting when someone we invite to church actually comes!

It some how came out that I play the flute and that I have one with me, so I am playing in the Christmas sacrament meeting next week.  I went to choir practice yesterday and I think I got it down!!  I just really hope I don't miss my cues.  That would be embarrassing.  But this also gives us another opportunity to invite people to church and to give them a reason to come besides the fact that it will be spiritually uplifting.  This stake also hosts a youth musical Christmas fireside every year, so we went to that as well.  It was beautiful and I was very impressed by all of the youth in this stake.  Though I guess there is a reason that the Klein school district is called musically inKLIEINed.

That is so funny regarding the pictures, I didn't realize that I wore the same skirt in all the pictures!  I promise I do wear all of the ones I brought with me!  (Tracy's note:  I had commented that she seemed to wear the same two skirts in most of her pictures she sends to us).  Though I think the green and blue ones Grandma Sharon gave me are some of my favorites.  That would explain a lot I guess.  A sister is actually taking us to go shopping next P-day, so I will have even more to choose from! 

Sister Hudgens