Monday, December 23, 2013

THREE "GENERATIONS" OF MISSIONARIES



Three "generations" of missionaries.  Sis. Schellhous who trained Sis. Seymour who trained our own Sis. Hudgens


Sounds like your life is busy.  Holidays are super busy and it doesn't help when you are by yourself.  I am glad Dad came home to help you and enjoy Christmas with y'all (I am getting the language down finally).  My week didn't seem too busy, but I look back and I did a lot this week!!



Sis. Wahlen with the lost doggie
One day as we were going about visiting potential investigators and members there was this dog.  It was in the middle of the road so I called it over and checked to see if it had a collar.  It didn't we knocked on a few doors to try and find its home then it disappeared.  We biked to the next road over it it appeared again and followed us up the road before getting distracted by the median.  An hour later we were heading home and it found us again and followed us almost all the way home!!! We were debating what to do with it when we think it disappeared with another person.


We taught seminary this week.  It seems extra early now that I am not used to it!  But it was fun, we talked about the stresses of missionary work and the resources we have to deal with it.  Hopefully we didn't scare them away from serving a mission, but it is true; being a missionary is stressful!  But it is also the most rewarding thing I have ever done and I couldn't imagine being anywhere else right now.



Sis. Wahlen, Me, & Micallea
Last Monday we went to a good bye lunch for one of the girls in our ward.  She is going back to Utah to finish her own mission paperwork and she had gone out with us several times.  We are sad to see her go!  We went to this South American restaurant and were there for like 4 hours and I was stuffed!  I felt like we were there super long though...I still am not good at being social for long periods of time, it really drains me.  This Monday we are going with another member to this resale shop to find some new clothes.  She said it is our Christmas present, she is so nice!



We had a Christmas zone conference of Friday and Sister Wahlen decided to straighten my hair the night before.  She really wanted to do it and I told her go for it, I wasn't going to do it myself, that is a lot of effort!  We were late though and missed the picture.  We carpooled with some other sisters and the ride they got to take us was late.  Frustrating, but I had no control over it, so I just have to let it go.  It was a great program though. President Pingree spoke on the Atonement which was really good.  I also got to see Sister Seymour and catch up with her.  After lunch they had a Christmas program with a few missionaries giving talks and some musical numbers.  There was a piano cello duet to "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" that was just amazing!  I love music so much, it just lifts my soul.



Baking goodies
We made goodie plates for our investigators and delivered them this week.  It was really fun and it let them know that we were thinking about them and that we really care.  One of our investigators is Melvin.  He played on the Harlem Globetrotters and is super funny.  We have been meeting with him for a few months now off and on and he is slowly progressing.  But Sister Wahlen mentioned how her family is big sports fans he brought all this stuff out and gave it to us. So now I have a hat that I am not even sure where it is from and she has a shirt and a signed basketball for her nephew.  He is pretty cool, says to look him up on youtube.



I love you all and wish a Merry Christmas to everyone!  Remember to keep Christ in this season and not just look at His miraculous birth, but His miraculous life as well.



Sister Hudgens