Saturday, September 6, 2014

Sis Wahlen Goes Home! Enter Sis Heaps!

Put Your Face in the Book of Mormon


Well, I get to email today!  Yay!  It was a good week, but with transfers today I am a mess, but I will get to that later.

Last Monday was good.  I spent most of my P-day making a Restoration puzzle for a lesson with a recent convert.  The lesson went really well, so I was glad.  We also stopped by to see an older lady in our ward.  When we visited she said missionaries hadn't been there in 15 years!!  We were glad we stopped by and we are going to make sure that doesn't happen again.  

We were planning and getting ready for bed when we hear an alarm go off.  It sounds like a car alarm so, we aren't that worried.  It keeps going on so I went outside to make sure it wasn't ours.  Only thing was, it got quieter as I went outside.  I am standing, staring at the parking lot, when a woman from the floor above asks if I can help her because the alarm in her apartment won't turn off.  I told her I would be right back, ran to get Sister Wahlen (got to stay with your companion!), and we went to see if we could help.  I crawled in the air vent and tried to disconnect it, but I couldn't so we ran outside to  see if we could find a maintenance man.  Just as we walked out, we found one!  He came in, put in the code, and the alarm turned off.  Everything was so quiet after!  We then turned our attention to the woman.  She had just moved in and I could tell she was shaken up.  She was a little hard to understand because of a thick Eastern Europe accent, but we talked with her, calmed her down, and got to know her a little bit.  I attribute the whole thing to the Spirit.  I was prompted to go outside where she found me and we were able to go outside just when the maintenance worker was driving by.  It was amazing.



So sad she is going home!  But happy for her
Tuesday we began taking pictures with all of the families that Sister Wahlen loves.  We took many pictures over the course of the week.  We met and talked to lots of families, but weren't able to get into our investigators that day.

On Wednesday we did service at this horse ranch that does therapeutic riding for mentally handicapped kids.  We moved furniture and equipment and cleaned in anticipation of the lessons starting next week.  It was lots of fun!  We went tracting with a member and we met this guy named John.  He saw us and immediately told us to come in, sit down, and gave us some water.  He then told us lots of stories that jumped around a lot and in the middle of all that told us he had been to Temple Square, read the Book of Mormon and found some good revelation in it.  He was a really funny guy though!  It was Sister Wahlen's official 18 month mark, so we went to Sonic before turning in with the Oak Ridge sisters to celebrate.

Thursday morning we helped a service missionary serving from our ward to go through and pack up her things because she is moving.  It was pretty fun.  Missionaries are experts at getting rid of stuff and packing since we move so often!  We got done sooner than the lady she lives with expected, so she took us all to lunch!  It was great, she is so nice.  We then went home and did weekly planning.  It was really heart breaking since we both knew it would be Sister Wahlen's last.  It has been her last everything all week, so that has been hard.  

Friday we had zone meeting and learned about some of the cool changes happening in the mission.  President Mortensen is holding monthly meetings in different parts of the mission each 
The last time The Woodlands 1 and 2 are together!
month, so that will be cool.  Maybe I will bust out my flute again.  Too bad I don't have any music.  I will have to find some.  We tracted and visited people all day and then we came home and switched things up to go on exchanges.  



I was in Conroe all of Saturday with Sister Harrison.  Conroe is very country and mostly opposite of the Woodlands!  In the morning, our appointment fell through, but we walked around the apartment complex and talked to three people and got return appointments with two.  We had some lunch and then got a little lost trying to find our way to our next appointment.  We helped this lady clean her house and then read a little of the Book of Mormon with her.  She fed us some soup around three which is good, because we were so busy the rest of the night that we didn't get time for dinner!  We got lost again and went almost all the back to the Woodlands.  

We tried by someone, but they weren't home, so we went to go see if some one else was home and they were.  We were able to sit on his porch for about an hour talking with him.  Some Jehovah's Witnesses had come around a few weeks before and given him a little booklet, so we went through it with him and explained some things, read to him out of the Bible, and taught him how to pray.  It was awesome!  We then met with another lady and taught her the Restoration and she just soaked it all in and it was great!  She saw exactly why we needed a prophet today and was so glad to hear that there are prophets!  It was great.  We then had to speed back to the church for a lesson, but they never showed up.  So we grabbed my things and made our way back to The Woodlands to switch back. I was so glad to be back.  As good as any exchange is, I am always glad to be back in my own area with my own companion.

Sunday was a little bit crazy.  We have been told that we shouldn't go to both wards because we are stuck in church all day and don't get enough time to go out and do work.  So we went to all of first ward today and second ward sacrament meeting.  First ward was great.  They had a special sacrament meeting all about families and the theme continued through out the day.  It was great.  Second ward was also awesome and some really great things are happening with the members there.  

After we left church we went to a park and did our studies and then went tracting.  The last house we knocked on this lady let us right in and talked to us like she knew us her whole life.  We were afraid we had tracted into a member by accident again.  But no, she wasn't a member.  She was really interested in hearing our message and we have an appointment to see her Tuesday.  We did our usual singing time at Autumn Leaves and then we took pictures with a member family.  That night Sister Wahlen did some more intense packing and we found out that the elders serving in our ward were being transferred.  I am so upset!!  Don't take my elders and my companion from me!  (it got worse, but I am getting to that).

P-Day w/ Elder Blakham, Siste Wahlenm and Elder McKell



I was determined to make Sister Wahlen's last P-day the best, so I organized a P-day potluck, assigning everyone to bring things that started with the letter  "P".  So we had pancakes, pringles, pop, and peach and pina collada popsicals. It was lots of fun to get together as a district.  Too bad we waited so long!  It was lots of fun.  Our dinner appointment canceled, so we decided to have frozen yogurt and french fries for dinner since neither of us was too hungry.  Bad 
P-Day w/ Elders Thomas and Schinn
move, we both felt a little sick later, but nothing too bad.  We then went contacting before an appointment with a member.  We had a little FHE with her and then we went to a recent convert's house so Sister Wahlen could say goodbye.  It was a late night for all!



New Companion Sis Heaps
                              Now today.  Today was hard.  A lady from the ward    came and took us to breakfast at IHOP (good) and then took us to transfers.  Sister Wahlen got all ready to go home (bad) and I found out my new companion   is Sister Heaps (good).  She was in my zone in Klein, so I already know a bit about her. She is going to be really good here.  She is one of the Sister Training Leaders for the zone, so I will be going on exchanges a lot! (not sure if that is good yet).  I also found out that they split the area and now we only cover second ward (bad).  I am so overwhelmed!!!!!!  

There are brand new elders in the first ward, I have a new companion, and the area has split.  I know have to figure what to do about dinners and investigators and who we can work with and who we cannot.  I have already burst into tears twice this morning. poor Sister Heaps, she is getting me when I am a wreck!!!  Everything will be ok, but I am just going to be crazy for a few weeks until we figure out how everything is going to work now. Please please please pray for me!!!!!

Love the crazy, emotionally unstable,

Sister Hudgens