Friday, June 27, 2014

It's My Birthday!

Happy Birthday Holly!

Oh Mom, I am sorry you had a rough week.  Getting people to do things they don't feel like doing is so hard!!!  You want to help them, but you can't do it for them.  People's agency!!!!  I understand Satan's plan so much better now as a missionary.  In his plan, we would just make everyone choose the right and it would be so easy.  Now I know that that isn't right, but very tempting sometimes.  If we don't make our own choice we will never grow.  Sometimes you have to let someone fall so they can realize that they need to rise up and stand.  Super frustrating sometimes!!

Last district p-day before transfers
Monday was my last day with Sister Davis.  Very sad, but fun.  We had a good bye breakfast with one of the sisters who is going home, and a final district lunch.  Our final dinner together was lasagna, which is too  funny.  We thought is was just perfect.  We spent the night saying goodbyes, but it was ok.  I didn't shed a single tear!

New companion Sister Goodrich
Tuesday was transfer day and it was crazy!!  We packed up all her stuff, put it in a member's car and headed off to transfer meeting.  We got there before the Assistants (who have the transfer sheet), so we were able to mingle and talk to all of our friends who were also there.  Then we got the transfer sheet.  Crazy stuff!!!!  Sister Goodrich is my new companion.  I was so excited.  I served with her in Klein so I was happy that I wasn't going to have to play the awkward get to 
know you game.  I other news, 3 more missionaries that I served with in Klein have been transferred to 
Said "hi" to Sister Schellhous
Katy, making a total of 6 missionaries in the zone that I have previously served with, and half of those are in my district.  It is a Klein reunion here!!!!  

So we packed up the car with Sister Goodrich's stuff,    said a final goodbye to Sister Davis, and headed home.  We weren't on the road for 10 minutes when we almost died.  We were on the freeway and a car turned on to the freeway from the onramp super slow.  We were already going pretty fast and we were not going to have time to break.  I was sure we were going to crash.  But Aisha handled it fabulously.  Without even 
Goodbye Sister Davis
flinching she swerved and avoided the car.  It was amazing.  We all breathed a sigh of relief and Sister Goodrich decided she should probably put on her seat belt.  We made it home without any further death defying events and just let Sister Goodrich unpack before our appointment at 2.  We taught two lessons today and need to work on teaching in unity.  It was only our first day together, so we will have plenty of time to work on it.  We were able to see a few members and introduce them to Sister Goodrich before going home.

Birthday "party"
Wednesday wasn't too exciting, just going around and visiting people.  Thursday was my birthday.  Sister Davis called me in the morning and sang me happy birthday.  It was really nice.  I didn't really tell people it was my birthday, I didn't want to make it a big deal.  Sister Goodrich wanted to make it a big deal though!  So she told several people throughout the day.  We had one appointment in the morning before we went to the food bank to volunteer.  After that we saw more members and then we went to dinner at the Cooks.  Unbeknownst to me, Sister Davis had texted Sister Cook that morning and told her it was my birthday.  So when I got there, there was a chair with streamers wrapped around it and a big balloon.  We had pizza and cake and ice cream.  It was really nice.  I am also grateful for all of the gifts and packages I received from everyone!!  I know have lots of chalk and letters to keep me happy :)

Sis Goodrich had birthday cake for breakfast!
Friday we had district meeting.  It was weird.  The Katy 1st elders were sick so they didn't come, so it was just 6 of us instead of 8.  Even weirder, 4/6 were in my district in Klein, so I was having major Klein flashbacks.  We were in charge of  making lunch, so we decided to make chicken alfredo.   Only thing is, we only had a little pot to boil all the noodles in.  We decided to get creative.  Did you know you can cook noodles in the microwave?  Well you can.  They turn our pretty good!  After district meeting we did our weekly planning since we didn't have time the day before.  We then went to Wendy's for dinner and went  off a visiting.  I even went tracting for the first time in like 4 months.  Sister Goodrich has brought fire and faith back into Katy 4th and is going to make things happen.  I guess I have become a little dead being here so long with hardly any investigators.  Sister Goodrich is bringing me back though!!  We are going to make things happen!!!!

Saturday was a productive day.  We were able to see several people again.  Cool thing happened.  We didn't have a dinner appointment again today so we just went home.  I wasn't that hungry and super exhausted, so I just had an apple and then fell asleep, as did Sister Goodrich.  We then went out to visit people again and we stopped at the Coleman home. We came just as they started eating dinner. I felt really bad, but they invited us to join them.  She said she had made a bunch of extra food and didn't know why.  Guess she knew that we would stop by!!  She had tons of veggies and I was happy.  We don't get too much of them on the mission.  She then took us to get frozen yogurt. It was super nice of her and we really appreciated it.  We went tracting that night and though we got tons of no's, there was one guy you said we could come back in an hour.  We did, but he wasn't there.  That is the only lead we have, so we are going to keep trying.  Moral of the story, if you don't want us to come back, just tell us.

Church on Sunday was great.  It is a little bit of a shock for Sister Goodrich since she just came from the total opposite of Katy.  Lots of country, poor and humble people, lots of investigators, and a small ward.  Katy is the total opposite.  She is getting used to it though.  We had a few appointments today and went to a missionary farewell for a guy in our ward going to the Redlands mission.  It was a good week and I am excited to see what the rest of the transfer will be like!!!

Have a blessed week y'all!!


Sister Hudgens