Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I'm Being Transferred!

Sis Hudgens


So...bad news first.  I am being transferred tomorrow. That is not really the bad news, I was expecting that, I have been here for 6 months.  The bad news is, Sister Goodrich is leaving too!!!!  That means they are white washing this area and putting a completely new set of missionaries here.  Since there are so many sisters going home this transfer and not many coming in, this ward might not even get sisters again.  I am not happy about this.  I have worked hard here for 6 months!!  I have built relationships with members and found out how things work.  Sister Goodrich hasn't been here long, but I was able to pass things along. Now I feel like all my work is being tossed aside.  I know that is not completely true, but it feels like that.

I will answer your questions first.  When I first got here, we were not encouraged to tract.  What changed?  We got a new mission president and he told us we had to talk to 25 people everyday and if we didn't see 25 people on the streets we had to go to them.  So that is what we do now.  Usually we still don't see 25 people though.  We built a random fort because we were bored and we had to do weekly planning.  We decided to make weekly planning fun by doing it in a fort.  Way more exciting.  On P-days we try to do fun things, so we get inventive.

This week has felt like it has been the longest week ever!!!  I hardly even remember Monday.  Sister Goodrich had to talk to the mission president about something, so we drove to the mission office.  I got a little lost, we wound up on the toll road and had to pay twice before we finally realized where to get off, but we finally made it, and we were early too!  The mission office is right by a church building, and it is the one Sister Davis goes to for P-day activities, so I got to see her on Monday, that was nice.  We were at the mission office for a long time because there were lots of other missionaries meeting with President Mortenson and we didn't get home until 7:30.  We ate some dinner, visited a member, then came home.

Tuesday was Sister Goodrich's birthday, so we tried to make it fun.  I honestly can't remember all we did, but I know we went to chicken foot and played games with the old people, visited fun members, and had a Hello Kitty decorated dinner.  We had dinner at the Larsens and it was their daughter Autumn's birthday too.  Autumn really likes Hello Kitty, and had a Hello Kitty themed party and they left the decorations up for our dinner.  We even had Hello Kitty shaped cookies for dessert, made with a cookie cutter Brother Larsen made from a can.  It was pretty neat.  After dinner we did some family history and then went home.  The Katy 1st sisters came and brought Sister Goodrich this dessert thing and sang her happy birthday.  Then at 9:45pm we hear a knock on the door and I have a mini heart attack wondering who it could possibly be. We look out the peep hole, and it is the pizza delivery person!  We were a little scared, and we timidly opened the door.  Apparently Sister Goodrich's ex-boyfriend's sister called the local Dominos and ordered her a pizza.  It was really nice of her!

Claunch Family
On Wednesday we taught the Claunch family the next lesson.  The boys were supposed to help us teach, but they weren't ready, so we took an hour while they prepared.  The lesson went well though.  Sister  Goodrich has been having stomach issues all week and was feeling nauseous, so we went home so she could recover, and then we went out and visited more people.  We met an awesome new potential while tracting.  She has such great faith!  I was so happy to meet her.  I love her already even though now I will probably never know what happens to her.  

Thursday wasn't much better and we stayed in almost all day.  We did go to dinner and do weekly planning though. It is not as much fun when you don't do it in a fort.

Temple with Sis Goodrich
Friday we went to the temple.  It was great.  I just felt so peaceful there.  I didn't want to leave!!!  We were  able to see the new new new temple video.  I didn't like it as much as the new new video.  After the temple we saw more members, did a little tracting, and had dinner with a family with crazy kids.


Saturday we tried potential people in the morning, got donuts, and dragged Camille out so she could come with us to see the potentials who are male.  Had some lunch and Sister Goodrich felt nauseous again.  I think it is her anxiety.  We stayed in and after a while we were able to back out again and try visit people.  No one was really home though, so we did some more family history.  I have been able to really find a lot of people.  Y'all need to start doing the work and sending me the names that need the endowments done!  The is plenty to do!  

Sunday was nice.  We had a really good lesson in Relief Society about being grateful in any circumstance.  We then spent the day taking pictures with member families because I figured I was leaving. Getting the transfer call last night, I was really mad first, and I still am a little bit, but I am working on it. All will be well, it will just take a while for me to see it.

I hope you are all healthy and well!  Love you lots!


Sister Hudgens




Exchanges last week with Sis Colton

Exchanges last week with Sis Colton