Monday, August 4, 2014

Reunited with Sister Wahlen!

Reunited with Sister Wahlen

Talking about getting my school stuff figured out kind of felt like someone stabbed me in the heart.   

I am now in The Woodlands!  I cover two wards, the 1st and 2nd ward.  The super crazy news of the week.....Sister Wahlen is my companion again!  It is kind of poetic.  She became my companion when I had been out 6 weeks, and now we are companions again for her last 6 weeks.  I will be sad to see her go, but I am happy to be with her again.  We email at a library here and I only have an hour, so if my email is rushed, that's why!   

Moving Day
So my week in review.  Monday was a sad day for Sister Goodrich and I.  We both had to pack and clean out the apartment.  We were pretty sure elders were coming in (they did), so we had to make it look like we took care of our apartment and our car.  We spent the day cleaning and saying goodbye to our favorite people, then Camille came home with us to help Sister Goodrich pack.  She had a lot of stuff.  I wrote a note for the new set of missionaries so they would know the basics of the Katy 4th ward.  

Sisters who served in Parkway
Tuesday was transfer day.  We made the long trek to the mission office and waited to find out where we were going.  I was able to see Sister Davis, and that    was pretty nice.  When I saw I was being transferred to Sister Whalen's area, I did a little freak out happy dance.  Sister Goodrich got transferred to my district, so I was really happy that I would still be able to see her often.  I also saw Sister Canfield and all the sisters who served in Parkway were there, so we took a big group picture.  It was pretty awesome.  

Missionaries in The Woodlands
The Woodlands is great.  As the name suggests, it has lots of trees.  Tons of trees.  All of the buildings are hidden by trees!!!  It is crazy!  There are actually hills too.  It is not flat and houses everywhere I look.  There are shopping centers and hills and houses and trees everywhere!  It is very different from the other areas I have served.  There are also elders serving in the same wards I am, Elder Steed and Elder Fa'amusili.  Elder Fa'a served in my district in Katy, so it was nice to see him again.

The rest of the week we saw investigators (we have investigators) and every other evening or so we sit outside our church building with a sign and ask people if they want to take a tour of our church.  It is pretty fun and we get to talk to lots of people!  I have been bit by more bugs this week than my entire mission. I have now started using bug spray. 

 Since we cover two wards, we go to both wards for church, so six hours of church, plus another hour in between, and another hour for meetings in the morning.  So we were at church for about 8 hours yesterday, and I loved it!!  I love going to two church blocks!  It is awesome!  And since  it was fast Sunday, none of the lessons overlapped, even better.  

Oh, and Tuesday as I was leaving Katy, I caught a cold.  I thought it was allergies at first, but it is still here, so I have had a cold.  I am much better now though, just a little congested and a cough.  

I am so happy to be here!  I love it already!  I am looking forward to my time here in The Woodlands!

Sister Hudgens


P.S.- mom asked me what chicken foot was-- it's basically BINGO with cards