Monday, November 25, 2013

Hidden Treasures

Young Women's president eh?  That should be exciting. Mom, you will be great, don't worry. Heavenly Father will not let you down.  Sister Jensen wouldn't have suggested you or Bishop Danielson call you if it wasn't God's will.  I know what you mean though.  Sometimes I still feel inadequate as a missionary, but I have found as I read my scriptures, really read them and pray often, that I am strengthened.  The problems don't always go away, or I am not always changed, but people are put into my path that help me to be better.  You have counselors for a reason.  Be prayerful and ask for help in choosing those special people to help you.
 
I know you will do great as the Young Women's president.  You have lots of experience too!  You have had several callings in the stake and ward Young Women's and you have three girls.  You will do fine :)
 
I am glad that you are being a missionary!  It is not that hard and if the Spirit is with you, He does all the talking and convincing anyway.  Something that might help you to gain a better understanding and be able to explain what we believe better is if the missionaries came over and practice taught a lesson to the family.  You might even ask if you can help them teach it.  I knew the gospel before I left, but know I can explain to others what I know because I have to teach it. It makes it a lot easier.
 
This week wasn't too exciting I think, but we did manage to go on an adventure.  There is a retention pond/ditch behind our house that we walk around in the mornings for our exercise.  I had noticed that you can see the road down a ways and I was wondering if we might be able to get to one of the neighborhoods that we previously thought we could not bike to from that little road we saw.  So one day we walked down it and discovered the most beautiful homes I had seen so far.  They looked like they belonged in the country and were just gorgeous.  We walked down to the end of the road, saw we could get to the neighborhood, then decided to knock on all the doors down the road.  We met a lot of really nice old people down the way.  One couple is celebrating their 71st wedding anniversary next month and gave us the name and address of their daughter so we could try by her.  We are going to go back and do something nice for their anniversary.  
 
Zone members before transfers
 
 
It has been cold, wet, rainy, and windy the past week.  We were biking to an appointment and got caught in a downpour.  We were too early for our appointment so we went to a nearby member's house to escape the rain.  We are dripping wet and I wish we had thought to take pictures.  I was too preoccupied with changing into the service clothes we just so happened to have with us to worry about it quite then.
 
I hope that Turkey day is a happy one and that you all can remember what it is we have to be thankful for.  I am so thankful for Christ and His Atonement and for the knowledge that I am a daughter of God.  I am also thankful for warm houses, socks, bikes, cars, and faith.  I am thankful for scriptures, a living prophet, and Sister Whalen who always reminds me that when we are out in the rain that at least we aren't pioneers.  I am thankful for great family and friends who are and continue to be great examples and sources of love for me.
 
Teaching a missionary prep class
 
 
 
Love
 
Sister Hudgens