Monday, February 17, 2014

First Transfer!


New Companion Sister Davis

Sounds like a busy, busy week!!! I am glad you are learning to delegate.  I don't want you to collapse or have something else happen to you because you have no time for yourself.  

Transfer Day
I am now in the Katy 4th ward! It is at the very bottom part of our mission. If we cross on of the roads we aren't in our mission anymore.  My new companion is Sister Davis from Logan, Utah and we are in a car.  I am so sad!!!  I am going to miss riding my bike all the time.  I tried to convince Sister Davis we could ride here, but she doesn't like bikes so no biking for me.  I have let Sister Carling, my replacement in Parkway, borrow my bike until she can get one, so it feels very final that I will not be riding for a while.  Oh well, I guess it will give my knees and my ankle a rest.  
 
So this is a very different area than I am used to.  It is a very affluent area, and we can't tract otherwise they call the cops on us for soliciting their time.  It is kind of lame.  So the sisters here have been working with the soon to be 8 year olds and teaching them. That means we have lots of baptisms!  

Lemonade Stand
 
My first day here we went to go help at the mutual activity.  They did a Carnival of Life thing like we did for youth conference a few times.  It was fun.  We went around and were telling the kids to go play the spiritual games. This ward is huge!!!  Lots of people, kids, and youth. Very different from little Parkway full of children under 12, and with no youth.  I am learning to love it here though.  We live in an apartment and I have double the closet space!!!  It is all good.

Oh and cookies.  I like the Caramel de Lites, Thin Mints, and those new orange cranberry ones.  Thank you!!

 

Love Sister Hudgens