Tuesday, February 11, 2014

WOW! 6 MONTHS ANNIVERSARY


6 Month Anniversary
 
 
 
Sounds like you are having quite the busy time!  I am sure it will all come together.  The Lord will not let you fail.  He called you to be the YW President and besides wanting you to succeed, it would make Him look bad if you failed!  The Lord Qualifies whom He calls.  I think President Monson said that.  I know how you feel though.  This last week in zone meeting (when all the missionaries in the stake gather for training) the missionaries all shared the dates that they were having baptisms and the miracles happening in their areas.  I felt like I was about to cry because I felt so inadequate.  There hasn't been a baptism in this area for over a year, we have no progressing investigators, we haven't found a new investigator in weeks, and the investigators we do have we can hardly manage to get appointments with.  We have been looking at what we were doing that might be impairing the Spirit and were striving to be exactly obedient.  We are developing our faith and putting everything we have into the area, but we still weren't having much success.  I had to step back and remind myself that other people have their agency and that I can't make anyone do anything.  I do know that the Lord has helped me, is helping me, and will continue to help me as long as I am relying on Him and exercising my faith everyday by studying my scriptures, praying, and opening my mouth so He can fill it with the words He would have me say.  
 
 
 
Anyways, on a more positive note, this week was great!  It snowed this week, well as close as it gets to snow in this part of Texas.  I had to take pictures because it may not happen again.  It was gone by the afternoon anyway.  But it has been really cold here lately, which has caused the garage door keypad to not work. If Sister Canfield is home she will open it for us, but when she isn't we have to go to the back door.  One time we went and we had forgotten about the alarm.  So we open the door and this loud, piercing sound goes off!  I had to hurry and run to the alarm and shut it off before it called the police.  Luckily it didn't, or that would have been awkward.  We did a lot of service this week.  We took some family history stories that Sister Canfield had gotten from somewhere and typed them up and put them on her computer.  They were written in this fancy cursive script that was kind of hard to decipher, but it was fun.  I deciphered the handwriting since I write in cursive and Sister Wahlen typed.  We went to the quilting bee on Saturday too.  We got there late though, so we missed all the quilting.  We were able to enjoy the speakers though and the luncheon!  

                                                        

 

We had a miracle this week.  We were going to Cottage Gardens via the secret path we discovered last week and on the way we saw Mark, one of our investigators, out walking his dog.  It was a miracle because we hadn't been able to see them for a while and then we just run into him (not literally, we were on our bikes, that might have hurt).  We were able to touch base with him and it was a really neat experience.  We didn't end up having time to go to Cottage Gardens, but I think we accomplished what the Lord wanted us to do.
 

 
I am being transferred tomorrow.  I can't believe it!  Well I can, I have been here for 6 months.  I have had such a great experience here in Parkway and with Sister Wahlen though, I am sad to leave.  I don't know where I am going, but I know that I am going where the Lord needs me.  It should be exciting what is going to happen in the next few weeks!  I just hope I am still able to ride my bicycle.  I love being on a bike!!  I hope y'all have a great week and I am sending home a box today.  It mostly contains all the letters I have received over the last 6 months, but it also has my stocking and something for Heidi.  So look for it!
 
 
 

 

Sister Hudgens