Monday, April 7, 2014

The Nutria Hunt

P-day Nutria Hunt

Sounds like your Front Sight trip was way fun!  It would have been fun to see, but I don't think I would have enjoyed it very much!

Nutria Bow Hunt
So, nutria- the hunt was way fun.  We picked up some archery equipment from a member and the elders got pellet guns.  They are not firearms, so it is ok....we think?  We saw a few, but we didn't catch anything.  I don't think the elders believed us though since when we saw them one of them was like, "They're real!!!" Teach them to not believe us!!!  
Nutria Pellet Gun Hunt
Since last week was a fail we went again this morning with just the Katy Mills elders, Elders Thomas and Peterson, and Brother Graham, the member who told us about it in the first place.  It was way better!!!  We killed 5.  Way fun.  The elders got really into it. They said was the best P-day ever.  That is what happens when we are in charge, we have fun!!!



Our nutria haul
This week was pretty low key.  We did some service at a members house, painted some walls.  I had never used a roller brush before, so that was interesting.  It was a workout though!!  It was fun though and I got to be on the ladder to get the high stuff since Sister Davis is afraid of heights.  That was also April Fool's day and Sister Davis sprayed me with silly string. Unfortunately I picked the same moment to turn and got some in the mouth, not very tasty.


General Conference was amazing!!!  I loved all of it.   
We went to the stake center to watch it.  There was this really nice old guy who made lunch for the missionaries both days.  On Saturday we were the only ones there, kind of awkward, but he was super nice. We made sure that other missionaries came on Sunday.  I loved all of the talks given at conference, but there were a few that stood out to me.  Elder Ballard laid down the law on Saturday!  Everyone can be a missionary!!!!  So I challenge y'all to read and study from Preach My Gospel, it is a great benefit to any one.  I also loved what Elder Nelson said, "Let your faith show!"  Don't be afraid to be Mormon.  It is not that scary.

I love all of you and hope you are well!!

Sister Hudgens